We are giving away an Ortovox Zoom+ transceiver to one lucky winner who is prepared to do some homework on avalanche safety.
As avalanche safety specialists we have a range of guides available on most aspects of avalanche safety which you can find below.
This competition will be a break from the usual ones and depending on your experience may require a little bit of digging through our Avalanche Safety articles. If you’ve got your first tour coming up you should be reading through these anyway!
To motivate you further we are giving away an Ortovox Zoom+ to one entry who answers the question correctly. Only answers matching what is stated in one of the above safety articles will be accepted.
Ortovox Zoom+ Features
- Visual and acoustic display
- Intuitive and easy operation
- Simple 2 button operation
- Smart Antenna – The Zoom+ transmits using one of 2 antennas based on it’s orientation, always giving out the strongest signal.
- Auto switch-over in case of burial.
- Recco reflector, this is a secondary backup rescue system.
- If you are in search mode and the unit detects you are not moving, then after 2 minutes it auto reverts to transmit mode.
Q: What percentage of avalanche accidents have resulted in complete multiple burials?
This competition is now closed. Thank you for your entries.
- The competition will close 2:00pm 6th February 2020
- One winner will be chosen at random from correct entries
- A valid email address is required to enter.
- Only one entry per person will be counted.
- The winner will be notified by email.
- The prize can only be posted to a UK address.
- Your email address will be stored for administration of this competition only. It will not be added to our marketing mailing list unless you opt-in.