Below is a geeky list of the kit and food (with weights) that I took for the OMM 2011. In general I am really happy with my kit and have spent a few events refining it.
There are also a few comments about changes. The weather for the OMM 2011 was rubbish but not baltic cold however I don’t think I would carry any more or less for an event in October whatever the forecast. The drop out rate especially in Elite and A was very high but I always felt I had enough….
Before we go into the kit, a few stats.
- Weight of bag at start line – 4000g.
- Weight of clothing and shoes worn at start line – 1000g
- Calories carried – 5000 kcal
- Water carried – None
I will list everything in my bag and worn with a few comments and then go into food,cooker & gas in a little more detail.
- Camp XLP 290 Pack inc compulsory whistle. 20 Litres. 260g. (now replaced by Rapid 260)
- Montane Spektr Smock Waterproof Jacket. 210g
- Marmot Essence Pant. 160g
- Mammut All Year Baselayer Zip. 180g
- Arcteryx Phase AR Zip Baselayer. 180g
- Marmot Trail Wind Hoody. 120g (unlined pertex type jacket.)
- OMM Flash Tight. 180g